Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Money matters

Mum suddenly threw me a question yesterday night asking me if I’m already attached. Isn’t it obvious that I have brought him home to stay overnight? I felt a bit offended, it’s like my own mum have doubts on me whether I am speaking the truth or not. I’m not a person that would simply bring guys home because I understand well the consequences of the guys may know too much about my dark secrets. Lingerie lying everywhere in the room, excessive of clothes jam-packed in limited space inside the wardrobe, boxes of cards and letters ever since primary, etc and there’s only one word to sum it all…messy bedroom. What some more it’s a GIRL’s bedroom. LOL. There’s even someone who offered to clean up my room for me- it is the lamest excuse ever to come up with. He just wanted to get into my pants and I ain’t that dumb.

Work has been over-piling lately; I have been thrown back to service counter rather than being a greeter in Maxis. Hence, need to do a lot of follow up cases, handling complaints, billing disputes; calculating waivers…I seem to find back interest in my job. Or at least I don’t feel like changing to any other jobs at the moment. Looking at the global market now, Maxis is impacted in some ways. I am earning less compared to the previous year whereby boss has been disapproving overtime submission, bonus I received didn’t made me go “whoa!!!” but “hah???”, no increment, etc. All this while, my financial is always okay. I got to spend on whatever without much contemplation or consideration. Maybe I have boyfriends (they are ex now) who seem to pay for all my expenses. Every month I have excess of cash to spend on unnecessary but lately my financial is so tight.

Ever since I chosen to be single and moved back home, I need to fork out a lot of money for my family. Sometimes I do get fed up with their demands, if I have the cash I don’t mind giving but it won’t hurt for you people to go out and earn some money to contribute to the family as well, right? I just wish that my younger brother would come to the senses that I am not an ATM machine and he really needs to find a steady job with a proper pay than just being a leech sucking out money from my mum and I. Dad also should cut down on his drinking expenses as money doesn’t flow in as easy and much as old days, I really hated it so much when family argue over money issues which is like now, my own family have so many heated arguments on this issue. So disappointing and lost at words. I was ignorant before this simply because I was staying with Uncle Wong. I also have thought of moving back to KL since current bf is there but I know it will only make the matter worse. Sigh…Enough of bitching about my family, unlike friends or boyfriends which I can choose to keep or let go, family should be the closest bond to oneself so I just got to accept the fact and live with it. Luckily I am a girl still that I need not to support the family ENTIRELY...Being a self-centred me could just buried my head down and flee from problems as always. I think I really need to buck up on self responsibilites and change for good...


My family (This pic is taken on Dad's last year birthday- dinner at Kampai 07/11/08- The only family shot after so many years back)

No comments: