Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Prime Minister Visit

College has this branding packaging function today and managed to invite Abdullah Badawi @ Pak Lah, Malaysia’s current Prime Minister, to launch the campaign. Was selected by Lawrence, my previous semester lecturer for Design Studies, to welcome the Mr. Prime Minister. Thought it was such an honor to be the chosen one but ended up damn disappointing. Stood at the exhibition gallery for hours with killing heels and only got to see him for 10 minutes. But distance damn near-lah, one or two steps away only. Those aggravating reporters and photographers can and will never quit tracking on Pak Lah and scooping for more pictures and jotting down things he about to say. My vision became real blur when Pak Lah passing by the entrance. Imagine all those cameras flashing non-stop and what I mean here is 20 to 30 sets of camera flashes. I wonder how many cells of mine have they killed? By the way, can’t they just leave the old man alone??? Pity him kaw-kaw. Like celebrity nia. No privacy at all. Going out to the malls also need to contemplate for a long time and can never leave home without any bodyguards to accompany. What a life! I am so glad that I am just an extra ordinary girl who leads a simple life. To conclude, I am a boring person. Hahaha.

Besides the tiring hours standing at the gallery, I still manage to mingle around the gallery having snapshooting sessions with Christina, Sarah, and Xian. CK (my Illustration lecturer who I really adore and people commented we do look alike) slipped into the flashy sessions with funny poses. Gosh, I miss seeing him in class so much. After this tired-comes-along-with-fun day, I hurried back Ipoh. The haze is worsening. This also implies I won’t be blogging till Monday, I supposed. However, I am quite lazy to blog. Hell yeah, all the assignments keep piling up and keep pouring in. Headache-NYA!

No comments: