Thursday, July 07, 2005

The SURREAL Darkness...

The day was so-so only. As usual, I would and should trash in complaints after complaints about my internship in Sil Ad but today I am not going to spill a word out about it. Not to mention about the boredom ness that almost slaughter me.

Previously the hard work I have chucked in a Nokia Newsletter Project finally paid off. I received two notebooks, a steel box with a military-looking sunglass inside and finally an army greenish bag. All from Nokia and branded Nokia. Amongst all the gifts, I prefer most is the bag. I’ll post these complimentary gifts pictures when I know how to operate this blog thingy, alright? It’s like so “ngam”. Remember there is an input in the blog saying that I saw a new bag that I wanted to get and here’s a bag being delivered to me and it is FREE. The difference is just the brand and this bag has more value than those others that you could purchase from the shopping precincts. I worked hard, so hard, you know, and now this bag earns a bit or less about my chapter in life. A lot of tears, sleepless nights, head jamming and tiring journeys but this gifts just won’t compensate the things I have forgo. A lil bit of anger started to lit up whenever I think about this project.

I was supposed to have this agreement on getting an internship from Ogilvy One once this project is accomplished but all out of a sudden, they cast me off from the internship list and it really infuriated me. The very lame excuse they depicted out is they can’t afford to take in so many interns at once. It is only three of us that were chosen for the project so you could actually picture out the whole thing. I may not be their well-expected copywriter but hey, bear in mind that I am not a copy-based student and I did learn so hard in order to give out the best I could to make the project happen. I felt being used and being put aside when I no longer useful to them. But hearsay, Ogilvy doesn’t pay their interns and at first I thought the company I am currently working in is very stingy as they only fork out rm300 each month for the interns but my whole perceptions totally altered now. You know what I call this? The surreal darkness in a big company. The method they apply in the market is the epitome of just-use-and-throw and they done this obliquely. *Applause…Applause*

No comments: