Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Tragic

William Lee Chien Loon. An old friend who I often meet but seldom talk and soon after I left for KL, we have then gradually lost contact. However, two days ago I managed to bump back into him with his girlfriend in Jusco. Am very delighted to see him there and very naturally we exchanged phone number finding forward for a tea session in the future but I guess God has not allowed this to happen so. Yesterday night, I received a sms from his cell phone claiming that he has passed away and I just replied the sms with a sentence, “Stupid Joke”. Never crosses my mind that the sms is a real fact and he has just left without a word.

Went to General Hospital forensic department today, couldn’t help myself but joined in the crowd crying helplessly. His cause of death is heart failure and I was told he was having his meal and within a split of second, he collapsed and passed away just like that. He is only 26 or perhaps 27. Isn’t life span for him is a little bit too short? Saw his girlfriend there losing herself out and hugging me. It pierced through my heart to witness such a thing. His death has made me treasure life even more especially the people around me. William has laid down a lesson to me…The quality of life. I’ll surely miss him and the long chat we had in front of the phone counter.

Ps: William, I do thank God for the coincidence luck in bumping into each other. Though time and fate has restrained and limited us from expanding the friendship growth but there isn’t a doubt that you will be deeply missed by everyone.

No comments: